Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Light at the End of the Tunnel?


It is now less than a month until Bryan changes command and he begins to make his way back to the US! I am so excited for him to be back but I'm probably even more excited for Marlie to be reunited with her daddy! I try not to think about exactly how many days are left until his return because after 7 years in the Army and 3 deployments, I know that things change constantly.
I have also learned that a deployment will challenge you until the very end. The past few days have been a perfect example. I don't usually have allergy problems, but I started feeling bad on Friday. My symptoms were definitely allergy-ish and didn't improve over the weekend.
I had planned a Stella & Dot trunk show at my house for Monday morning and had made arrangements for someone to clean my house on Sunday afternoon. Since I wasn't feeling good, I was so glad I had asked her to come. Well, around lunch time on Sunday she told me that she wouldn't be coming because she was painting her house! I was more than a little disappointed and spent the rest of the evening trying to get my house ready when I really just wanted to lay down and sleep!
I was so glad when the trunk show and day were over yesterday. The good times were not yet over though! As I was getting ready for bed, Marlie began screaming. I ran into her room and found her throwing up all over herself and her bed. After getting her calmed down and changing her bedding, I was finally able to get a little bit of rest myself.
Today Marlie has been tired but hasn't gotten sick anymore. I am finally starting to feel a little better too. Hopefully we have dealt with enough negative things over the past few days and the last few weeks of this deployment will be good ones.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hope you both get to feeling better soon and I loved seeing you and M on Coming Home the other night.

hismrshooah said...

I am so sorry I didn't make it to the show. :( I'm looking through the site to find something to order though... I need a new necklace now that my favorite one broke.
Hope you're feeling much better and YAY that Brian will be home soon!