Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Long Goodbye


It seems like we spent the whole month of July saying goodbye to our wonderful friends in Clarksville and Fort Campbell. The most special time, however, was when some of my friends had a surprise goodbye dinner for me. I was just planning on going to eat sushi with 3 other girls from my neighborhood. It had been a long day so I didn't change clothes, fix my hair or put on make up! When we arrived at the restaurant I was shocked to see a variety of my friends from the community. This picture was taken right before the tears started!


Each lady created a scrapbook page about memories that we shared and they were all consolidated into one book that is so special to me.


Here's a picture of the whole group. I have been so blessed to know each one of these ladies (and some others who couldn't be there that night).


The company was amazing that night but the food at Kohana is almost as good! My friends that organized the dinner also bought cupcakes from the best shop in town. They don't look as fancy as some cupcake shops like to make them, but they taste the best!



1 comment:

Tara said...

Now that is a way to make a girl feel special. What sweet friends.